Monday, December 31, 2012

Hoppin' Recap

WOW! Has your jaw stopped dropping from all of those great projects in the Stampin' Addicts Spring Catalog Blog Hop?

I have a few details to share with you that just didn't fit on the blog hop post. First up, a reminder of my projects:

The Swinging Egg card:

Stamps: A Little Bit of Spring
Paper: Bashful Blue, Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla Paper
Ink: Basic Gray, Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Markers
Accessories: Oval Framelits, Baker's Twine, Pretty In Pink Polka Dot Ribbon, Big Shot, Blender Pen

I used the Oval Framelits of two consecutive ovals to cut the opening and to cut two copies of the Very Vanilla one in which I sandwiched Baker's Twine so my egg could spin. I stamped the images in gray to create a mellow tone for the pastel colors. I then used my markers and a blender pen to watercolor the cute bunnies.

I wanted my second card to be springy, but different than my first one. The color combination on this one came from the Two for Tea Designer Series paper.


Stamps: A Little Bit of Spring
Paper:  Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, So Saffron
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo Marker, So Saffron Marker, Crumb Cake Marker
Accessories: Victoria Crochet Trim, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 7/8" Circle Scallop Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack Circle Punch

For the left upper corner, I. stamped the images in Early Espresso and then sponged with Crumb Cake to "antique" it. I colored the focal image with markers and cut it out with my handy dandy paper snips.

The basket was an inspiration from wanting to use those cute little bunnies in a home decor project. I love dying eggs, so I thought about making egg tags. I needed something to put them in. I used the Petal Cone die to cut out two parts. I then used my new Stampin' Up! Trimmer to score 2" from the top fold like this:

I then trimmed the cones side flap and cut between the two bottom flaps.

I added adhesive on the bottom flaps and the side flaps and put them together to make a little basket.


For the eggs, I cut strips of Newsprint Designer Series Paper and modge podged them onto a cheap plastic egg. I wasn't sure it would work, but it certainly did. I might do more. I used my Big Shot and my Trim die to make the belly bands. Cute and fun.
The ribbon bow was made with our scrumptious new Pink Pirouette Two-Tone ribbon.

 Happy Stamping!

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...